Adaptations if you need them
We offer the following adjustments for those that require them, just let us know:
- Wheelchair access into our practices including into the examination rooms
- Extended appointment times
- Eye tests split into separate visits
- Familiarisation visits
- Low vision assessments
- Specialist sight testing equipment including:
- Kay Pictures
- Cardiff Cards
- Lea Pictures
- Letter matching
- Bradford Visual Function Box
- Toys and other fixation targets
- Full service available through Welsh
- We can provide reports to patients, their carers, their schools/universities etc., and will ask you at your appointment if you need these
Booking an eye test
Please give us a call or pop in if you would like to book an eye test. It is useful to let us know of any specific requirements you have when booking your appointment. You might find it useful to write down things about you and your eyesight before you come to see us and SeeAbility have made a useful sheet for this - click here.
What to expect in an eye test
Coming to us for an eye test can be daunting, but it needn't be! We're a friendly bunch, and eye tests don't involve any painful tests. We will always talk you through what we are doing and why, and will only ask you to do things that you are comfortable with, and tests that you are able to do. Please feel free to bring someone with you to your appointment.
If you have any questions before you come to see us, just give us a call.
SeeAbility have a useful fact sheet about what to expect when you come in for an eye test - click here.
Getting to us
Our 'How to Find Us' page has information on getting to us, and includes links to other sites with information about parking if you have a disability.
For more information on eye care for adults and children with learning disabilities, a great resource is the SeeAbility website. Fact sheets include information on wearing glasses and eye conditions.